Procrastination is my friend

I’m starting to get a little freaked out about my half marathon in , oh, a month.

In typical Allison fashion, instead of working harder, running more, eating better, etc, I’m running less, getting weird pains that require days off (of course!). I do this about everything. In college, if there was a big paper that was hard, I’d put it off until the night before. My roommates fondly remember the hours I’d spend playing Flash games instead of studying for a test.

I signed up for a 10k this weekend. I didn’t really want to at first, but then I saw that the T-Shirt was going to be a tech t. And last years tee looked like this:

I mean, the shirts are PINK!

That coupled with the bag full of unknown swag and alleged post-race massages, plus it’s only 10 minutes away from my house…well, that tipped me over the edge.

I’m ignoring my training plan and tapering a good bit more that it called for. 70% of that is the fact that after my ten mile run (on the treadmill! I get points for that, right?) Saturday, something was weirdly strained whenever I walked. And still is. The other 30% is that my half marathon is in a month, and we only get better by putting it off, right?

Right?!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Goals, Running and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Procrastination is my friend

  1. Kara says:

    Run less, run faster, that’s my motto 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s