Signed up for the first race of the season!
Well, it’ll be my second race of the season…I’m running this one first- just haven’t registered for it yet!
I’m running the 5K with my favorite college roommate, who mentioned she wanted to try a 5K for charity. I’ve never actually run – training or raced – with anyone before, so I’m not quite sure what is expected. Do we stay together? Do we run apart? I’ll have to do the grown-up thing and just ask her, I guess!
I still haven’t signed up for the all-important half marathon! Mostly because one of them doesn’t have any information about itself yet! Oh Loudoun County.
My pros and cons so far:
Loudoun County 1/2 Marathon
- Basically starts in my backyard.
- I will not have to wake up early.
- There’s no information on their website about it.
- It doesn’t seem terribly organized.
- I’m not sure if it has the one thing I really, really want, whereas….
- Medals to finishers! Not gonna lie, I’m a sucker for the shiny.
- It’s a running festival! They have an expo! I’ve never been to one, but they sound super!
- They’ve had information about it for several months now.
- “We will have 10 aid stations on the course, each stocked with water and Powerade. Select locations will also offer fruit, salty snacks, various flavored GU Energy Gel and ClifBar Energy Bars. Each aid station will have at least one port-a-pot and a SELF HELP Kit with basic runner amenities.”
- It’s an hour away. Meaning EARLY wakeup time.
Does anyone have any experience with either of these races? What’s the most important thing to look for when choosing a half marathon?